Because we are celebrating fish fingers birthday this year, here are some facts about them:
- Invented in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, Great Britain by Birds Eye in 1955
- They were invented to help fishermen to sell their big catches of cod
- 1 500 000 fish fingers are eaten in Britain every day
- First they were made from cod and herring but cod was one, which stayed
- When invented, they were advertised ”No bones, no waste, no smell, no fuss”
- When launched the price was 1,8 pounds (nowadays one pack costs 1£)
- The largest fish finger was made in Germany and it was 1,8 meters long and it weighed 135,6 kilograms!