Who is in need of a rad app recipe for the upcomig holidays? Look no further and try out these delicious thyme sea salt crackers!
They’re incredibly delicious thanks to the addition of fresh thyme, smoked paprika and a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil! And the best part is that they’re 101% foolproof and impossible to get wrong. No yeast, almost no kneading and minimal ingredients required (plus, you can play around with whichever spices and herbs you have at home!)… is there a reason not to make these crackers and devour them all in one sitting?
d) All of the above are correct
Check out the recipe and try them for yourself! Uni assignments never tasted this good!
150 grams flour
2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped
water, as much as needed (start with 100ml. and see if you need more)
sea salt, to taste
1. Whisk flour, salt and spices together in a bowl.
2. Add in the oil and stir to combine.
3. Slowly pour the water on the flour mixture. Add enough so the batter isn’t dry, but be careful not to add all at once so the ball is easy to knead with your hands.
4. Knead inside the bowl until dough isn’t too sticky and you can form a ball with it.
5. Flatten dough with a rolling pin if desired and make shapes out of it. I went for “let’s call them rustic for the sake of my reputation but they’re actually ugly” shapes, but feel free to go for things like stars, hearts and plain squares.
6. Place shapes in a baking tray lined with parchment paper
7. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and salt.
8. Bake at 220ºC (430F) for 15-20 minutes or until crackers look golden and crispy.
9. Enjoy with tons of hummus or your favourite dips!
Hope you’ll guys like the recipe! Let me know if you give them a go!